Tuesday, July 6, 2010

It's been awhile, hasn't it?

It's been awhile, hasn't it?

Indeed, it has.

I started this post wanting to point out how the most beautiful women found at Jack's are on average to be found on a Monday night.

But now I find myself thinking about you.

How have you been, Dear Reader? Are you well?

More important: are you happy?

If not, what can I do to help?

Your happiness matters, after all. To me if nobody else.

And that's the truth.

I saw people at the bar tonight. A reggae night, it was.

Men and women...were they happy? Was Crystal happy letting that SOB off easy? Was Fallon happy with the man she walked in with?

P.McGee seemed happy.

And I admit, she made me happy just because she was there. Mercedes didn't hurt either. Nor Travis, Rina (on the bar) and Caitlin just as they are. Travis made it easy on me to show up tonight.

It's not always easy for me to arrive comfortable at the bar.

K.C. and G-Nyze were there and it was good. Ras Dank too, after a strategic wake up call from K.C. ;)

And now I'm wandering about in my own blog post, thinking more about all the people who made me feel good and not about you.

I hope you are well when you read this.

I hope good fortune comes your way.

I hope you sleep well.

I hope you find a better day.

-J.

edit: P. McGee said it right when she opined that it's hard for folks to have just one drink at Jack's. Take tonight, for example. ;)  Thanks Chriss for the shots, Travis for the beer and the shot (drank with Caitlin, that was a pleasure and a rare treat) and Chriss and Fallon for the further shot offers.

Tonight's lesson was all about learning to say no, that I might survive the second half of this year...and be able to perform in bed when called upon. ;) But mostly it's about surviving (and keeping my day job).

Take care, Dear Reader. Take care.

And if you can't sleep, download Pink Martini on your iTunes and listen to the album "Hang On Little Tomato".  Their song Let's Never Stop Falling In Love always gets me (and puts me to sleep, with nice starter dreams).

Sweet Dreams, then. See you at Jack's sometime in the future!

No comments:

Post a Comment