Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Talking With Mom Rules!

Last night I had a good, long talk with my mother. I don’t do that nearly as often as I should, particularly since I'm getting older and a little wiser to the fact that she's a font of useful knowledge and advice, which I most certainly can use right now.

What I like about talking with her is that she's really quite good at breaking a problem or set of issues down to their constituent parts and then very subtly walking you towards a solution.

In another life I think she'd have made a superb guidance councilor. My mom keeps it real and knows how to get other people to do the same.

Call your mother. If you don't have a mother to call, call your father. Failing that, call a brother, sister, wife, husband, kid, whatever.

Family is important. Use it while you've got it, hey?

No comments:

Post a Comment