Sunday, April 4, 2010

Day 92 - Crystal's Birthday, DJ B-Rich and Special Guests Hen Boogie and DJ Versatile

Friday, April 2nd, 2010

I'd like to thank Crystal and Thunder for inviting me to their place for Crystal's birthday bash. It was real nice to meet your friends (particularly the woman who worked at a pub in London).

I'd also like to thank my bar buddy Gary (I don't see him all that much at Jack's anymore, but I'll always think of him as a bar buddy for life) for purchasing me a pitcher of PBR to drink.

Thanks to DJ B-Rich for letting me talk to him out on the back patio. Also for giving me the heads up on who was behind the turntables tonight. Tonight it was Hen Boogie and DJ Versatile. I had a blast listening to them as they ran their sets.

Thanks also to Tall Brian for encouraging me to read Kitchen Confidential by Tony Bourdain. I was used to seeing Bourdain on TV, but did not realize he'd gotten his start in part from the books he's written (according to Bryan). Hopefully I can pick up some pointers by reading his stuff.

There's a whole lot more that happened tonight, but I just don't remember much else (much like Wednesday).

See you Saturday at Jack's Bar & Lounge. Hopefully my neurons will be in better shape to make memories by then.

No comments:

Post a Comment