Today was just such a day.
- I confused Mr. T with Mark Twain and sat with Grant while we searched our brains for Twain's real name (it's not Sherwin Williams [my first boneheaded offering] but Samuel Clements).
- I talked about the true meaning of a loving, balanced relationship with Lisa.
- I sat with Tall Nicole (not to be confused with she-calls-me-"old soul"-Nicole) and talked about what it's like to work in a coroner's office for two years and what you'd do if you found out the world was coming to an end. I was also amazed that I was sitting with this incredible woman who I'd only just seen for the first time ever the night before when she worked behind the bar at the F*ck V-Day party.
- I learned the history of Aimee's pieces on the wall at Jack's. Amongst other things, I learned that Tall Nicole is featured in three of them. I also know which of the pieces features Booty Vicious from the Silicon Valley Roller Girls, who's also a cousin of one of the Nicoles.
- I watched Aimee swim on a bar stool.
- I watched Gigantor with a wary eye.
- I talked about home remodeling with Shannon.
- And so much more....
In this case, something did happen at the bar, but I'll not tell that story here because it's unique to me and a little strange to boot.
If you should care to know then come see me at Jack's and perhaps if I trust you well enough you might pry the story from me for a beer. ;)