Thursday, January 14, 2010

Day 13 - Stupid, Unlucky 13

Today I learned that Jeff is no longer working at Jack's Bar & Lounge.

Damn it, damn it, damn it.

I had a great time at Jack's last night; was there for eight hours. Aimee started things off well by serving me my usual. Met some nice new people (Stephanie from Saratoga tops the list) and had a great conversation with Matt (late shift bartender for the night) about Matt's artwork hanging on the walls at Jack's.

But the news about Jeff just killed it for me. Jeff has taught me a great deal about how bars work, why bartenders make the decisions they make and how to keep a good vibe going.

Matt and I toasted Jeff with shots (mine was Jack Daniels, something Jeff taught me how to drink and to drink well).

Take care, Jeff and best of luck to you. I'm going to miss the hell out of you behind the bar at Jack's.


No comments:

Post a Comment