Tuesday, January 5, 2010

January 4, 2010 - Day 4

All it takes is one trip to Jack's Bar & Lounge on a Monday night for me to realize my iTunes music files are woefully inadequate.

I don't own a single track that's played on Mondays when Dave, KC and G-Nyze work the turntable and mix the Reggae music.

For what it's worth, tomorrow morning when I'm deep in the bowels of the Cecil H Green Library at Stanford University nodding my head up and down, it's going to be to the memories of the sounds those fine gentlemen put together the night before.

It feels good to walk into Jack's, shake people's hands and say hi to those you know (Daren "D", Curtis, Jeff, Dave, Patty) and before you can take your coat off and look to find a spot to squeeze in at the bar and order a round, the bartender (Rina, bless her heart) already has your drink ready.

Where else are you going to get that kind of service and be treated so damn well in San Jose? It just doesn't get any better than that.

Wish I could have stayed longer, especially 'cause there was a real pretty woman in yellow that I wanted to talk to (couldn't work up the nerve :sad:). FWIW work is on the horizon and I need to get some sleep before tackling my share of another truckload of books.

See you tomorrow at Jack's.

No comments:

Post a Comment