Thursday, January 21, 2010

Day 20 - Ed Is God

I'm here to write, so let's get started.

Skipped Happy Hour at Jack's Bar & Lounge in favor of a later-that-night meet up with a former coworker of mine named Ben.

I got to Jack's and Ed bought me a beer and a round of shots for himself, me and Tod before I even had my damn coat off. I like Ed. A lot. Aimee served up Ed's order and I said hello to Jessica and Craig further down the bar.

Ben rolled in as I was talking with Tod about abandoned silver mines in Idaho and his first step father. I bought a pitcher of Blue Moon, introduced Ben to Tod, pored them both some beer and made sure to buy Ed a beer.

We got to talking, DJ Benofficial showed up and we all had to move over. Then Ed bought us all a shot.

We talked construction. Then Ed bought us another shot.

Rina walked in to take over for Aimee and Dave arrived to cover the door, then Ed bought us another shot.

Ben and I caught up on old times at work ("Well if there's two apples [on the desk] then there's gotta be a banana somewhere" brought back lots of hilarious memories) then Ed bought us a round of shots and Ben bought the next pitcher.

Turns out Tod and Ben both worked at the first Home Depots to go up in the Bay Area. Tod once worked at a Toys"R"Us that was haunted. I listened to them go back and forth (and I'm not kidding here) Ed bought us another round of shots.

Christian and Robert swung by around 11 p.m. and jumped into the conversation. You know what happens next: Ed bought us a round of shots.

I can't for the life of me remember saying goodnight to Ben, though I know for a fact he got a ride home from a friend. I didn't see Tod or Ed leave. I cooled my heels, puked in the toilet (I'm a straight shooter on that sort of thing; I've cleaned up puke in bathrooms before when I was a busboy as a kid so I'll be damned if I'm going to make a rank mess for someone else to clean up), drank plenty of water and would like to thank Rina and (especially) Dave for making sure I was in good shape before going home.

See you tomorrow at Jack's!

No comments:

Post a Comment